Stuffed and baked wheat dumplings served with dal made up of five lentils along with lip smacking churma.
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Ingredients for Bati
- 1 cup atta
- ¼ cup besan
- 1/2 cup melted ghee (mixed in dough)
- 1 tbsp sooji
- 2 tsp ajwain
- 2 tsp saunf
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup ghee (to brush the baatis before serving)
Preparation Method of Bati
- Knead the dough well by mixing all the ingredients except for the ghee which is used to brush the baatis at last.
- Heat the tandoor at low temperature.
- Make small dumplings from the dough and make it as smooth as you can.
- Press it with a thumb in the middle section.
- Brush your baatis with ghee before placing them on tandoor.
- Place the baatis for twenty minutes in the tandoor.
- Keep flipping them after every ten minutes to make sure they don’t get burnt.
- Take them out when they are golden and brown.
- Serve them dipped in generous amount of ghee.
Ingredients for Dal
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Green Whole Moong Dal – 1/4 cup (washed and soaked for at least 8 hours)
- Masoor Dal – 1/4 cup (washed and soaked for 10 min.)
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup (washed and soaked for 10 min.)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Onion (Finely Chopped) – 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – Per taste
- Tomatoes (Chopped finely) – 1 cup
- Toor Dal – 1/4 cup (washed and soaked for 10 min.)
- Chana Dal – 1/4 cup (washed and soaked for 10 min.)
- Cilantro – 1/2 cup finely chopped (for garnishing)
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves crushed
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece crushed
- Green Chillies – 2-3 finelly sliced
- Jeera (Cumin Seeds) – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Rai (Mustard Seeds) – 1 tsp
Preparation Method of Dal
- Take oil in a pan; add chopped onions fry till transparent.
- Add tomatoes (chopped) sauté them for five minutes.
- Add all the dry masalas to the mixture.
- Add enough water to the dal.
- Cook the dal till it is completely cooked.
- Add cilantro to the dal and cover it again.
- Take another pan.
- Heat some ghee in it add jeera in it.
- Once they clutter, add garlic and ginger and green chillies till nice aroma comes up.
- Add tadka to the dal before serving it.
- Serve hot with bati.
Ingredients for Churma
- Beasn: ½ cup
- Sugar: 4 cups
- Sooji: ½ cup
- Mixed nuts (kishmish, kaju, badam, pista)
- Wheat flour: 4 cups
Preparation Method of Churma
- Mix wheat flour, beasn and sooji with half cup of ghee and water.
- Mix it hard to make dough.
- Make small flat balls out of the dough.
- Heat some ghee and fry these balls in a kadai.
- When the balls cool down after frying blend it in a fine powder in a grinder.
- Add one and a half cup of ghee along with the nuts in the grinded churma.