The spicy Kerala style bhindi comes alive with the grated coconut and crunchy red whole chillies.
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Serves : 4
- 12 ladies finger (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp rai
- 3 red chillies (dried)
- 4 kadi patta
- 2 tbsp onions (chopped)
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp chilli (powder)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (powder)
- 1 tbsp coconut (grated)
- 1 tbsp dahi
- 2 tsp oil
- Wash the bhindi properly.
- Wipe the bhindi with a cloth.
- Add a teaspoon of water and oil on the chopped bhindis.
- Microwave the bhindis for five minutes.
- Keep the bhindis aside.
- Add water and curd in a bowl, whisk thoroughly.
- Add oil, onions, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and dried red chilli in an oven proof bowl.
- Microwave the ingredients for a minute.
- Combine tomato puree, grated coconut, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Microwave these ingredients for two minutes and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together and microwave the bhindi for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the bhindis in between.
- Serve hot rice.