Banana Chips-a simple recipe to prepare but at the same time too crunchy and yummy to relish…simply heaven!! Basically it’s a dish of Kerala, known by the name- ‘Kaaya Upperi’. In Kerala, these chips are prepared using the raw bananas, but you can use common banana to make it.
Not only kids but elder of your family will enjoy having them as a snack anytime. This snack doesn’t need much ingredients-the only ingredient that you need is banana of good quality in your kitchen. So, dear readers let’s make crispy, crunchy banana chips and serve them as evening snacks and watch kids pouncing on it.
- 2 Bananas
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Coconut/cooking oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
- Peel off the banana. Slice it thin in a round shape. Collect sliced pieces in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder and salt on banana pieces.
- Next, sprinkle some water and mix to coat turmeric powder and salt evenly and well on all sides. Now leave them on a cloth for about 15 minutes to dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Leave the sliced banana pieces for deep frying in oil. Fry them until they turn light and crispy.
- Drain it in a tissue paper to soak excessive oil.
- Store them in an air-tight jar once they get cooled to maintain their crispiness.
- Enjoy munching banana chips!
Hope you’re tempted to try the dish at home. Give it a shot; your Kids will love it! 🙂
- Other way to make banana chips – add salt and turmeric powder directly in a cup of water and keep it aside. Next, heat the oil and add the sliced pieces of banana (without turmeric and salt coat) in oil. When chips get partially fried then sprinkle the water of ‘turmeric-salt’ directly in the oil. But you need to be more careful using this method as water spatters and huge sound emits.