Soup has always been my favourite food ever since I have treasured my taste buds. I love the mushroom chunks which float in the soup. When I am hungry all I can think is of a large bowl of mushroom soup with two brown bread slices. Enjoy this healthy and delicious mushroom soup for a super.
Cooking Time : 15 Mins
Preparation time: 8 Mins
Serves : 4
• Ground Black and Salt and ground (to taste)
• 5 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
• 3 tbsp Butter
• 3 tbsp Maida
• 1½ cups Vegetable Broth
• 1/8 tsp dried Thyme
• 1 tbsp Sherry
• 1 cup Cream
• ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- Boil the mushrooms, thyme and onions with the vegetable broth.
- Cook the vegetables till they are tender.
- Blend the vegetables in a blender leaving some vegetable pieces.
- In a pan, heat some butter.
- Combine maida in the pan.
- Stir till the maida is light pink in colour.
- Combine salt, cream, pepper and fresh cream along with vegetable puree.
- Stir the vegetables constantly.
- Cook the vegetable on a high flame.
- Cook the vegetable puree till it is thickened.
- Combine sherry and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.
- Avoid cream if you are calorie conscious.