With Diwali waiting down the corner, our minds are already racing around to pick the perfect look. Traditional dresses have their own charm, so, we have zeroed upon the ethnic look for this Diwali. After all, nothing says festivals better than a charming ethnic look. Here are a few footwears we found adorable to go with the traditional gaze. These will not only complete your look but also add grace to it.
1. Traditional Jodhpuri slippers are not only good-looking, but also very comfortable. Team them up with churidaar salwar kameez or fitted palazzos. These colorful flats are called Mojaris.
2. Kolhapuri chappals are a heritage going on for years. They are just so quick and easy to wear and above all, they look amazing. These can be worn with Patialas and churidaars. In fact, you can team it up with western outfits as well as fusion.
3. This traditional embroidered shoe that looks like a genie’s pair is called Khussa. They will add zing to any of your dress just like that. Pair them up with Patiala, palazzos, and loose bottoms to keep its majestic appeal alive.
4. These beaded Bohemian flats would add a lot of color to your ethnic outfit. These would be multipurpose footwear which would go along with your traditional as well as western outfits.
5. A pair of Punjabi jutti is a must have in your shoe collection. They look lovely with their bright colors and intricate designs. Pair them up with salwars and patialas for a desi girl look.
6. Add a lot of bling to your appearance with these glittery strappy heels. The pencil heels look great with traditional attire. It’s a very classy twist to your whole look. Also, patialas and salwars, sometimes, make you look short, so here’s your solution to that as well.
7. This leather footwear is an extension of Kolhapuri chappals and sandals. However, a lil tricky looking, these are really comfortable once you start wearing them. They look fabulous with churidars or jeans.
8. These are a love at first sight. Adorn your feet with this ornamental piece and show off your pretty style. You can wear these on ankle length palazzos and even lehengas so that everybody keeps getting their glimpse and wondering.
9. These gold peep toe pumps are a wonderful pair which would go with your cocktail dresses as well as your saree. Gone are the days when you needed to think twice before wearing these with your Indian dresses. Experiment is the key!
10. These cute looking shoes are traditional Korean shoes which are known as Danhye. The bright colors and floral prints made us try these with one of our Indian dresses. Wear these with kurta leggings for a different look.
11. Yes! Animal print with traditional outfits. Didn’t get me? Try wearing these with a plain black saree and you’ll know what I mean. These look really sexy with sarees and palazzos. Just don’t play too much with color. Keep it simple.
12. We heart these Bollywood louboutins and are definitely going to buy this desi twist to stilettos. Team these up with salwar kameez, Indo-westerns or even lehnegas and it’s a win-win situation.
13. We fell in love with these ghunghroo studded Punjabi jutti. Wear this on your salwars and patiyalas and it’s gonna be a complete show-stealer. The USP of this footwear would be the lovely sound of ghunghroos as you walk.
14. We are so in love with Kolhapuri chappals that just can’t get over it. This pair of authentic leather Kolhapuris is just as they are. Traditional best, no frills!