220 g (1 cup) sugar
110 g (1 cup) flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
6 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
150 g (2/3 cup) butter
160 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease cups or tins (For extra large cups: 6-7 muffins, for medium cups: 12-15 muffins). Muffin bake cups, made of papers, are highly recommended. Keep it aside.
- Mix melted butter and sugar.
- Beat the eggs properly. Mix with cocoa powder, vanilla, baking powder, and milk.
- Add the mixture of butter and sugar.
- Mix them and make a batter.
- Fill the two-thirds of the batter, in each of the baking cup or tins.
- Bake at 180 degrees in the pre-heated oven. (30 minutes for extra large muffins and 20 minutes for medium sized muffins)
- Insert a sharp knife to check; if it comes clean, it’s baked.
Now, you can serve hot chocolate muffins. To serve it at the room temperature is also a good option.