Delicious Chinese egg rolls! I love these egg rolls stuffed with carrots, cabbage, pea, mushroom, broccoli and cauliflower florets. However, you can fill in these rolls with your favourite stuffing. Since I love veggies, I like to keep it green and orange.
Cooking Time : 20 Mins
Preparation time: 10 Mins
Serves : 4
• 1 cup Carrots ( shredded)
• 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
• 1 cup Peas (cut in thin strips)
• 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
• 1 Onion (finely sliced)
• 8 Green Onions (sliced thinly)
• ½ cup Mushrooms (diced)
• ½ cup Water Chestnuts (sliced)
• ½ cup Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets (sliced and finely chopped)
• 1 tbsp soya Sauce
• ½ cup White Wine
• 1 tsp Pepper
• ½ tsp Salt
• 1 tbsp Cornstarch
• 25 Egg Roll Wrappers
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Oil (deep frying)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Combine garlic and saute till it is brown.
- Combine onions and stir fry them till they are transparent.
- Add soya sauce, pepper and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Combine white wine and stir all the ingredients well.
- Lower the flame.
- Combine all the vegetables to the mixture.
- Cook the vegetables when they are tender.
- Combine cornstarch with two tbsps of water.
- Add cornstarch to the vegetables.
- Stir the vegetables, till the mixture forms a thick consistency.
- Leave aside the pan, and switch off the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Lay the 3 tbsps of the vegetable mixture into the egg roll wrapper.
- Roll the egg wrappers carefully.
- Heat oil in a large work.
- Gently, drop the egg rolls in the work.
- Fry till both sides turn golden brown.
- Repeat the same with other rolls.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
- If you are calorie conscious, skip frying the egg roll wrapper.