Tom Ka Kai is a traditional soup with unique flavours of Thailand with a perfect balance of spice, sweet and salt.
Whether you want to surprise your loved ones or in winters protect them from cold cough or flu, the soup is a perfect delicacy for these reasons. The tempting aromas coming out of this soup will surely make your kids or guests to wait for no time.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tsps- vegetable oil
- 4 cups- chicken stock
- 1 tsps- Thai red curry paste
- 1 14 oz- coconut milk
- 2 tsps- brown sugar
- 1- Ginger piece, shredded
- 2 pieces- skinless and boneless chicken meat
- 2 tsps- lime juice fresh
- 1 tiny bunch- Thai basil leaves
- 1 tsps- fish sauce
- 2 tsps- fresh cilantro chopped
- Broccoli, carrots and celery- chopped
- Make chicken chunks of 1 inch.
- Warm up oil in a big pan on medium heat.
- Put curry paste and quickly cook it for at least 30 seconds and avoid burning.
- Now mix the coconut milk, stock and ginger to bring it to a boil. Put into the chicken and cover it on a medium or low heat.
- For about 15 minutes cook till the chicken gets fit to be eaten.
- After this you may mix the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and vegetables.
- Reheat until vegetables get cooked but needs to be little crunchy for minimum 5 minutes.
- Now swirl some basil leaves while pouring the bowls.
- Garnish every bowl with cilantro.
You can present the Tom Ka Kai soup as a cocktail snack or as a star player both. You may also add noodles to offer it as a starter.
So swallow, slurp, and blend in with this Thai delicacy !