Spicy and mouthwatering combination of chola and khulcha a favorite street food of family and friends.
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Serves : 4
- Curd (half cup)
- Maida 50g
- Onions 2 medium (chopped)
- A pinch of baking soda
- Combine Maida, baking soda, curd and salt to make soft dough.
- Keep the dough aside for three hours.
- Make balls out of the dough.
- Lay a spoon of chopped onions and close the sides from all the sides.
- Roll into thin chapatti.
- Cook the kucha in a hot tandoor or pan from both the sides.
- Make sure the kulcha is brown from both the sides.
- Salt to taste
- 50 gm Channa dal
- 3 pods Garlic
- 20 gm Onions
- 2 Cloves
- 10 gm Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Tamarind extract
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Cardomom
- 1 Bay leaf
- Soak chana in overnight in two cups of water.
- Blend the chole ingredients except tamarind and chana.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the grinded paste and sauté it for two minutes.
- Combine chana and cook them for ten minutes until done.
- Sprinkle salt, chilli powder and tamarid extract.
- Mix the masalas well.
- Serve with chopped coriander, lemon slices and onion rings.