Frittata is the classic version of omelette… I love to make frittatas quite often for my breakfast and lunch box… They are nutritious and delicious way of consuming all the vitamins, vegetables and proteins. A frittata is a Mediterranean dish which is a baked omelette. An all time meal for any time of the day…As one can make this in no time.
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
Serves : 4
• Salt & Pepper
• 8 Cheese cubes
• 4 medium Tomatoes (sliced)
• 5 Fresh Eggs
• 1/4 tsp Thyme (Dried)
• 1/4 tsp Sage (Dried)
• 1/4 tsp Oregano
• 1 tbsp Butter
• 1 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- Combine salt, eggs, oregano, thyme, sage and pepper to a bowl.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- In a non stick pan, heat butter.
- Add chopped tomatoes in the pan.
- Lower the flame, and add basil leaves.
- Saute the leaves, for few seconds.
- Gently, pour the egg batter over the chopped tomatoes.
- Garnish with cheese cubes on top.
- Cook the frittata over a low flame for fifteen minutes.
- Make sure it sets on top.
- You can add lots of chopped vegetables to the batter.
- Add spices according to your taste.