As the weather is getting chilly day by day…. Therefore, I have posted this mouth watering snack for a lazy Sunday. Enjoy this crispy and crunchy vada on a rainy day with a cup of masala tea. This is a popular evening snack eaten in Kerala… You will find these vadas in every tea shop. Serve these delicious vadas with fresh mint or coriander chutney.
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Serves : 6
- Oil (deep frying)
- 300 gms of Chana Dal
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 3 Onions (chopped)
- 20 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1\2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 1\2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 1\2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Soak the Chana dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Combine green chillies in a paste.
- Blend the dal into a smooth paste without adding up water.
- Combine green chillies, garlic-ginger paste, onions, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, cumin seeds and salt.
- Take a portion of batter over your palm.
- Flatten the batter, and shape the vadas with your hands.
- Gently, place the vadas over a medium flame.
- Fry till both sides are golden brown.
- You can also use tuvar dal instead of chana dal.