Carrots and cucumbers tossed in tangy and spicy mustard sauce. No Gujarati meal is ever complete without this sweet and tangy variant. You can have them with your lunch, dinners or pack them for your lunch. The pickle does not last for several days, but you can always prepare it in advance.
Cooking Time : 5 Mins
Preparation time: 20 Mins
Serves : 6
- 2 green chillies (slit)
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cucumber (thinly cut)
- 1/2 cup carrot (juliennes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds (split)
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Combine the carrots, cucumber, green chillies, salt, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix all the vegetables well.
- Leave the mixture aside for fifteen minutes.
- Drain the excess water, from the vegetables.
- Combine hing, turmeric powder, split mustard seeds and mustard oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve immediately.
- You can store this pickle in refrigerator till 4 days.
- Opt for red and colourful carrots.