12 tips to plan your career
Here are some tips to advance your career:
- Conduct SWOT (S– Strength, W– Weakness, O– Opportunities, T– Threats) analysis. It will help you in finding out the answers of “What interest me? Where I want to go? What jobs are available that will meet my interests?” Identify your skills, interests and weaknesses. Overcome your flaws and grab the opportunities!
- Don’t ruin your dreams. Set higher career goals and start working on it sincerely.
- Prepare flexible career plan! It will help you in bringing changes according to the circumstances.
- Set a deadline for your career plan. It will keep you focused and motivated towards achieving your goals.
- While choosing a career, ensure that it accords with your interests.
- New contacts…new information….new opportunities! Extend your network! Remain in touch with your current friends and create new contacts. Enquire about career opportunities from your social network.
- Right gizmos for your dreams! Choose right path and tools for realizing your dreams. Complete your education and certifications to acquire the skills.
- Be a keen learner and a good listener! Keep updating your knowledge and skills. It will help you in your current career as well as in future career.
- Quench your career quests! Find a good mentor! A mentor provides you guidance and takes you on the right path.
- An awesome quote says, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” So, be confident! Believe in yourself! And you will be on the peak of your career.
- Be a polymath! Don’t focuses on attaining a specialization, but, try to acquire more and more skills in different areas. This will open various career paths for you.
- Keep record of your achievements. This will strengthen your resume.
Hope, these tips will help you in advancing your professional life.