Black bob hairstyles with weave are very versatile and a great solution that will provide you with a hairdo for two months. Check out these 11 standout manes as the ultimate spring inspiration.
How to Style Black Bob with Weave
There are numerous ways to do a weave, but we will guide you through the basic steps in what you can actually do at home.
- Start by washing and drying your hair. Once you’re done, you should decide how you’ll part the hairstyle, whether it will be a middle or side part. Do it with a comb and separate the two sides. Separate the hair into small sections that will be the future cornrows. Get a very fine comb and do sections with a size of around 1.2 cm.
- Start with a braid that goes from the outer part of your face through the head, to the nape of the neck. Begin braiding from both sides and combine the braids at the nape of the neck.
- Do another set of braids that start at the edge of the head, right where the part is located. Take them to the back of the head. These are basic braids that you need to do, but there are many other patterns as well.
- From here on, you can do the cornrows, starting with the part. Make sure that all braids are parallel and move towards the back of the head. Also, leave the ends of the braids loose.
- The next step is to do the central braids. They are the ones that started from the part and continue all the way back. These braids should go around the head in parallel circles. Use the remaining strands from the previous braids to create the concentric circles.
- The sew-in weave bob for black women is very popular. For the sewing part, you will need the proper equipment. That includes the hair extensions, a needle, thread, and a wig cap. Tie a loop with the thread around the needle and you can begin sewing.
- Place the wig cap on and cover the hair and ears completely with it. Get the needle and start from the first perimeter braid that you did, right next to the hair parting. Go under the hair, go over the loop twice and secure the knot.
- Repeat the same through the length of the perimeter braid. You should do the same with the center braids that you did next to the hair part.
- The final result looks like a U-shaped pattern that is located next to the hair part. Cut the wig cap at the parting and expose the hair in that section. Also cut the extra fabric that is located near the ears, forehead, and neck.
- The next step is to do the extensions. Make sure that they’re already colored and cut to your preferences. Begin with the section that will go on the perimeter braid. The second one will be located on the parting. Get a thread and needle and you can now sew in the weave.
- Use the weft of the hair extensions to sew them into the braids and the cap. Use knots to do all of this, just like you did with the hair cap. When you’re done with the perimeter braid, continue sewing on the concentric circles.
Watch The Following Tutorial to Learn How to Do Black Bob Hairstyle with Weave
Sew In Bob vs 27 Piece Bob
The sew in bob is the technique we described at the beginning of the article. It is one of the most commonly used methods in hair salons. The best idea is to always find an experienced professional to do this for you. In includes braiding your hair in cornrows, placing a wig cap, and sewing in the hair extensions to the braids and the wig cap.
With this method, you get a very natural look, especially if it’s done well. It’s recommended that you keep the sew-in bob on for about two months. The braiding process can be a little painful, but the end result is really cool.
The 27-piece method, on the other hand, includes 27 tracks for the whole hairstyle. It is the best idea for short hairdos, especially pixie cuts. You will need 27 pieces of hair, hair glue, and a cap. This is a very fast technique where hairstylists glue down the extensions to the hair. As we mentioned, it’s the best choice for a pixie cut.
Chic Weave Bob Hairstyles for Black Women
These are the most trendy and versatile black bob hairstyles with weave for modern women.
1. Red Curly Short Bob
Curly short hairdos are so cute!
Ideal for: This type of black bob hairstyles with weave is great for all African-American ladies.
How to Style: Add fringe to the mix.
2. A-Line Bob with Blunt Bangs
The combination of black hair color, thick bangs and A-line style is so seductive.
Ideal for: Blunt bangs looks best on women with oval and square face shapes.
How to Style: Ask for an A-line bob and thick long bangs.
3. Burgundy Bob with Black Roots
When you’re not ready for a bright red, go for this rich dark tone.
Ideal for: It will work for all skin tones.
How to Style: The black roots provide a chic contrast with the red color, so ask your hairstylist to do that with your weave bob.
4. Layered Bob with Purple Highlights
Layered hairstyles with bangs give you a boost of volume. This weave bob hairstyle for black women is so vibrant.
Ideal for: Ideal for everyone who wants to stick to black hair but also wants to add a hint of color.
How to Style: Add the highlights to the front and curl them for a chic finish.
Black bob hairstyles with weave can also feature highlights.
Ideal for: Great for all ages.
How to Style: The short bob is longer in the front and shorter with layers in the back.
6. Pastel Pink Bob
Pastel pink is the top trending hair color for summer 2019.
Ideal for: It’s very flattering for dark skin complexions.
How to Style: A deep side part will be so chic with the pastel pink tone.
7. Blue and Black Bob with Weave
This intense blue shade is so flattering on darker skin tones. You can get this black weave bob with tracks hair technique.
Ideal for: Even if you are not a big fan of vibrant colors, with the weave you can keep it for several months and then go back to your old look.
How to Style: Use a round brush and blow dryer to curl the strands to the back.
8. Orange Blunt Bob
Orange is the new black!
Ideal for: Great for innovative women who are not afraid of big changes.
How to Style: Rock a straight bob to show off your new short hair color.
9. Neon Yellow Bob
Why not try a statement neon hue on your hair? These black bob hairstyles with weave are as bold as it can get!
Ideal for: If you are a bold girl who experiments with hair looks, this is the ideal one for you.
How to Style: Keep the bob short and blunt.
10. Blonde Bob with Side-Swept Fringe
Ideal for: Perfect for ladies who are open to bright hair colors.
How to Style: Add a side-swept fringe as the coolest hair detail of the season.
11. Black Sleek Short Bob
Sleek bobs will never go out of style.
Ideal for: A classic black women’s weave bob hairstyle, best for gals who love to keep it simple.
How to Style: Get your hair straightener out for a sleek finish.
FAQs on Black Weave Bob Hairstyles
Q. Can You Wash Your Hair Weave?
Ans: Yes, you can wash the weave. You should do it once a week or once every two weeks, depending on your physical activities.
Q. Can White Women Also Try Weave?
Ans: Weave extensions are meant for everyone including white women.
Black women’s bob with weave is the best thing that can happen to African-American ladies. They are so easy to maintain, plus you can pick from numerous lengths, styles, and colors. It’s officially time to talk to your hairstylist because this mane will change your life.