If you’ve children who are fond of eating biryani, it’s worth discovering all possible combinations of preparing veggie biryani. This time try out your hands on ‘Soyabean- Biryani’. The biryani with handful of soyabean chunks makes a delicious combo. Since soya chunks are rich in protein, they make the biryani highly nutritious for your kids.
Here’s the recipe of yummy ‘Soyabean-Biryani’:
- Basmati rice, 1 cup
- 1/2 cup –Onion ( thinly cut lengthwise), 1 number
- Soya chunks, ½ cup
- Tomato, 1 in number
- Green chili, 2or 3 in number
- Garlic and ginger paste, 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Bombay biryani masala, 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder, ½ tbsp
- Finely chopped mint leaves, 1 tbsp
- Curd, 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp – Curd
- Water (twice of rice i.e. 2:1 ratio)
- 1 tbsp –mint leaves(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp –coriander leaves(finely chopped)
- Clove, 3 in number.
- Butter or oil, 1.5 tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick, 1 in number.
- Cardamom, 1 in number
- Bay leaf, 1 in number.
- Fennel seeds, ¼ tsp
- Thinly lengthwise cut Onion- 1 in number.
- Cashew nuts- around 6 in number.
- Raisins, 6 in number.
- Ghee, 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation
- Preparation of Soya Chunk
- Boil the soya chunks in water for about 5 minutes after washing them under the running water. Once you’re done with it, soak the boiled soya chunks in water for 2 minutes. And then squeeze out the water. It is better you do it twice to get rid of the smell of soya chunks completely.
- Take a bowl and then add soya chunks, turmeric powder, little chili powder and salt to taste. Mix and marinate for 6-7 minutes.
- Next, heat ghee/oil in a pan, sauté the marinated soyabean chunks for 3 -4 minutes till it gets dried on the medium flame. Now keep it aside.
- Preparation of Biryani
- Before heading to prepare biryani, leave the biryani rice soaked for about 30 minutes.
- Now, heat ghee in a pan. Add sliced onion, raisins and cashew nuts separately until onion turns brown. Keep it aside.
- Now again take oil in a pan. Season all ingredients of seasoning. Add garlic-ginger paste, chopped onion, green chili along with salt (in little amount). Sauté till onion turns golden- brown in color.
- After it, add tomato and sauté until it does not get cooked. Next add all the given masala like chili powder, turmeric powder and biryani masala. Continue to stir and cook until raw smell does not go.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Now add 1 tbsp of curd and fry it for some time.
- Add water (2 cups), salt (as per taste) and bring it to boil. Now add rice, cover it and cook until it is ¾ done.
- Remove the vessel from the flame and leave it covered aside.
- Now place a water filled pan and allow it to heat.
- Turn the flame low and place back the pan of biryani on flame and cook for 25 minutes.
- Turn the flame off and add soya chunks to it. Leave it covered with the lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally remove the lid and garnish the cooked soya-biryani with cashew nuts, fries onion and raisins.
- Serve hot.
Hope you will give a try to this nicely flavored Soyabean-biryani!