Large Senegalese twists are a popular African American hairstyle that women love rocking. The loose and artistically done twists show your creative and stylish self perfectly while making sure that the hair is not too much of a hassle to maintain. Here is a complete guide on Senegalese twists to help you look fashionable, trendy and super-hot.
How to Do Big Senegalese Twist Hairstyles
Doing chic and impressive Senegalese twists is no bother if you know the right way to do it. Here are some basic steps which you need to follow to do large Senegalese twist hairstyle.
- Begin with washing your hair and drying it so that it is smooth and fresh when you start working on it.
- Determine a parting that you want to have for your hair and then divide the hair into two sections accordingly. It will also provide you a sketch to start twisting.
- Now separate your hair in four quadrants with a comb and then divide that in smaller sections to begin twisting it.
- Now take one of the divided sub-sections and separate it into two halves with your fingers. After this, start twisting each of the two halves towards the right and allow them to twist on each other.
- Twist all the hair in a similar fashion and then soak the ends of twists in hot water for 20-25 seconds to secure the ends.
- Now allow it to dry off naturally and once dry treat the ends with nutritious oils to retain their natural shine and hydration.
Well done big Senegalese twist hair lasts up to 8-16 weeks depending on how you treat it. To make it last longer, you should wrap the twists in a silk or satin scarf to avoid friction. You should also keep touching up your hair to keep the twists around for a long while.
Watch The Following Tutorial to Learn How to Do Long Senegalese Twist Hairstyles
Coolest Large Senegalese Twist Hairstyles
These are the most trendy long Senegalese twist hairstyles for women.
1. Ponytail with Twists
Big Senegalese twist hair looks amazing when paired with an intricate pattern of box braids along the scalp of your head. The twists are then tied into a high sleek ponytail giving you a sleek and modern look that people cannot resist falling for.
This hot Afro hairstyle lasts such a long time that you will not have to spend time styling your hair every day. This effortlessly chic and sexy look is all that women need at present since there is so much more than they must take care of.
Long Senegalese twists look amazing in all hairstyles, but this one takes them to a whole new level of sexy and catchy. The twists are tied in a half updo and swept slightly to a side making the overall style quite dramatic and awe-worthy. So, go for this easy and chic style to bring out your inner diva. Do try it and see the results yourself.
3. Side Swept Twists
You can never go wrong with some sexy Senegalese twists and this hairstyle is the proof of that. The twists are gently swept with a side parting which makes them even more stylish and impressive. Side swept twists also look cool on a date night and important meetings where you really want to be the diva you are.
4. Jumbo Twists
If you have thick hair and can rock some super large Senegalese twists then why not? These jumbo twists are touched with a tinge of vibrant red making you cooler. The twists are tied up in a half up which leaves some of the twists loose to give you the right sultry feels. They are rich in texture and volume too so you can put on some accessories to make the twists look even more stylish.
This cool and amazing big Senegalese twist hairstyle comes with a lovely purple dye which makes the twists pop. The hair is not parted from the middle of a side and falls about naturally which makes it even more irresistible. Plum surely goes along with dark skin tone too so you can rock your natural beauty with this one. This one is definitely the best to try right now.