‘Bhuna Gosht’ is a special non-veg cuisine of India. Its specialty is the frying meat and spices that add a deep flavor to it. Though, it takes times to get cooked, but the process makes the result scrumptious. You may prepare this in a pressure cooker also, but making it in the pan will give you the best savour of it.
- 750 g of mutton
- 2 cup of sliced onion
- 1 cup of curd
- 1 Tsp of chilli powder or as per your taste
- 1/2 Tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp of coriander powder
- 1 Tsp of garam masala
- 2 Tsp of minced garlic
- 2 Tsp of minced ginger
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Take a frying pan and heat the oil, for deep- frying the onions until they turn to golden brown.
- Now reserve at least 2 Tbsp of fried onion, to garnish the dish in the end.
- Take the remaining in a grinder, to prepare a paste, and keep it for the end.
- Add up 3 Tbsp of oil in the same pan to heat a bit.
- Now put mutton in that and stir it to cook till it’s lightly browned.
- Once you see it light brown in color, mix all the other ingredients, salt, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir it well to mix all the spices; add curd after a while.
- Until you see that the water is fading slowly, cook it.
- Now, you need to mix- up that onion paste, which you’ve kept for the last, with 1 cup of water.
- Let it simmer so that the mutton gets cooked.
- You may now, garnish it with the reserved onion.
- Hot steamed rice or parathas are the best to serve.