Spicy combo of corns, potatoes, spinach and peas blended in a tikki. Perfect snack for the winter season. So, grab a cup of ginger tea and go on snacking coz its worth eating.
Cooking Time : 20 Mins
Preparation time: 40 Mins
Serves : 4
- Spinach (blanched 7 chopped)
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Potatoes (boiled & mashed) 3 -large
- Onion (chopped) 1 large
- Oil for deep frying 3 tbsp
- Green peas (boiled and mashed) 1 cup
- Green chillies (chopped)
- Ginger (chopped) 1 inch
- Fresh coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Saunf (powdered) 2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Corn flour 4 tablespoons
- Cheese grated 1/2 cup
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Corn kernels boiled 1/2 cup
- In a pan, heat some oil. Combine cumin seeds and add onions in the pan. Sauté the onions till they are transparent.
- Take another pan. Heat some oil in it. Combine chopped ginger and sauté for few seconds.
- Add mashed potatoes, pepper powder, salt and saunf to the first pan and stir the ingredients for a minute. Remove the pan from heat. Empty the mixture in a bowl.
- Now, combine mashed peas, green chillies and stir the ingredients for a minute. Combine chopped spinach and sauté. Make sure the colour of spinach doesn’t get changed. Sprinkle some salt and cornstarch and mix. Empty the mixture in a bowl. Add mashed potatoes and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make equal portions of the potato mixture and shape it into small balls. Flatten the potato balls and brush a little amount of oil on them.
- Likewise, make equal portions of balls out of the spinach- pea mixture. Now use a cutter and cut the spinach tikki in doughnut shape. Lay the doughnut shaped tikki on top of the potato tikki.
- Combine corn kernels, cheese, salt and red chilli powder. Put in a little mixture of corn in the centre of spinach-pea tikki and press the tikki slightly.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan. Gently place the tikkis in the oil. Fry till the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Serve with sauce.