Spicy stuffed mirch. Great combination of green chillies with besan.
Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tbsp saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp mustard seeds( rai)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup besan
- 6 big green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Roast besan till it is light brown.
- In a pan add mustard oil, saunf, jeera and rai.
- Once they splutter add ginger and garlic paste along with chopped onions.
- Fry till onions are translucent.
- Mix the roasted besan with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchur, salt and garam masala.
- Mix all the ingredients well and fry for a minute.
Making the Hari Mirch
*Remember to de-seed the hari mirch completely.
- Spilt the hari mirch from the middle slightly.
- Make sure the hari mirch doesn’t split completely.
- Apply little salt to the inner side of the the hari mirch.
- Stuff the hari mirch with the besan stuffing.
- In a non stick pan put some oil and when the oil is completely hot fry the chillies one by one.
- Cover the chillies for 2 -3 minutes after that remove the lid and shallow fry the hari mirch till when are completely done.
- Serve hot with parathas.