A fluffy, spongy, sweet berry cake with the essence of coffee and berries a perfect delight for the festive season.
Cooking Time : 45 mins
Serves : 8
- 4 Egg Whites
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream (low fat)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Blackberry, Blueberry and Raspberry
- 1/2 cup softened Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Sugar (granulated)
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp softened butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
- Grease a pan with butter.
- Sift baking powder, flour along with salt and keep aside.
- In a pan, add butter, sugar and cream till light.
- Combine the egg (whites) till fluffy.
- Combine lemon zest, vanilla, sour cream and stir well.
- Mix the flour mixture alternatively.
- Combine milk to the mixture alternatively with the flour.
- Stir the batter in a folding motion until soft.
- Lay half of the mixture in the greased pan and smoothen it from the upper layer.
- Coat the berries with remaining batter.
- Flatten the top with a help of a spatula.
- Add up all the ingredients together.
- Make crumbs with fingers.
- Lay the crumbs on top of the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes till golden brown.
- Cool the cake for half an hour.
- Serve with chocolate sauce.