Begun bhaja a Bengali delicacy fried in mustard oil cooked with a tinge of turmeric.
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
- 1brinjal (large)
- mustard oil( deep frying)
- salt to taste
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- red chili powder (optional)
- Cut the brinjal into thick circular shapes.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder to the round cut brinjal pieces.
- Keep them aside for ten minutes.
- In a pan heat some mustard oil till hot and smoking.
- Deep fry the brinjal pieces in hot oil till golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil in a tissue paper.
- Serve hot and crispy with rice.