If you have never tried using beetroots for soup then try this…. Healthy, gorgeous, and tasty soup… That is healthy to eat and simple to make. Beetroot is sautéed in garlic, onions and pepper, which gives it a divine aroma. Serve it with a swirl of fresh cream… You are gonna love its taste for sure!!
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Serves : 4
- Tomato 1 (large)
- Potato 1 medium
- Onion 1 medium
- Oil l 2 tablespoons
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Fresh cream 1 tablespoon
- Carrots 2 medium
- Black pepper (powder) 1/2 teaspoon
- Beetroots (sliced)
- In a non-stick pan, heat some oil.
- Chop garlic and onions.
- Now, slice the carrots and potatoes and add.
- Combine pepper powder, salt and mix.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine beetroots along with two cups of water.
- Again cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the vegetables till they are soft and tender.
- Now, chop tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Cook the mixture for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables.
- Cool the mixture.
- Blend the mixture into a puree by adding cold water.
- Now, pour the puree in the pan.
- Combine the strained liquid, to the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cook the soup till it comes to a boil.
- Serve with fresh cream on top.
- Avoid cream if you are calorie conscious.
- You can also add a few drops of lemon if you like it tangy.