My dad loves bean soup as much as he loves whisky. I am also fond of beans, ever since I was a kid (and still I am). Garlic, peppers, onions along with a zest of lemon makes the flavour base for this soup. I make this healthy soup for my dinner. We combine this soup with burritos for an ideal Mexican dinner.
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Serves : 6
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 3/4 cups rajma beans(red)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Tabasco sauce
- green onions (sliced)
- chopped tomatoes (finely)
- chopped coriander
- Put the red beans in water overnight.
- Drain the water thoroughly.
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Add chopped onions and sauté them for a minute.
- Combine garlic, chilli powder, tomatoes and salt.
- Sauté the mixture for a minute.
- Combine beans along with six cups of water and pressure cook them.
- Cook till the beans turn soft.
- Blend the beans in a food processor.
- Don’t strain the mixture.
- Sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander and Tabasco sauce.
- If you want, you can also add in all the vegetables when you pressure cook the beans.
- This will save your cooking time.
- You will get a desirable consistency.