Porridge like preparation is usually eaten with a dollop of ‘gur’ in the winter season. A special Rajasthani delicacy made from bajra.
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1/3 cup of bajra( black millet)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp yellow moong dal
- Clean and crush the bajra into a fine powder in a blender.
- Wash the moong dal and grounded bajra together.
- In 2 cups of water, mix moong dal and bajra in a pressure cooker and cook it for 4 whistles with salt.
- Make sure the bajra is well cooked.
- In a pan heat some ghee and add jeera along with hing.
- Empty the mixture in the pan when jeera starts to splutter.
- Add hot water to the khichdi if the texture is too thick.
- Serve hot with kadi.