Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 cup water
1 tablespoon tulsi leaves juice
1 cup avocado
¼ cup barley
Method of Preparation
- Boil barley with a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- When water gets boiled, turn the flame to simmer and stir frequently.
- Meanwhile, peel off the avocado and take out its pulp. Mix tulsi leaves juice in it.
- When barley gets softened, remove it from the flame and cool it.
- Chop the barley in quarter or half pieces.
- Add avocado-tulsi juice mixture in chopped barley.
The ayurvedic dish is ready to serve.
Ayurvedic Benefits of the Recipe
Barley is considered as a lighter and easy to digest grain. Tulsi leaves reduce cholesterol level and helps in building stamina. Avocado reduces vata and pitta doshas.