“You can tell a lot from a person’s nails. When a life starts to unravel, they’re among the first to go.”
― Ian McEwan
An individual’s hands and nails speak a lot about them. They are the windows to your hygiene and health. Most of us take care for our hands, but overlook the nails. Dull nails deteriorate the beauty of your hands. So, pay attention!
Here are some tips to restore the shine of your nails.
- Immerse your fingers in hot soapy water and cleanse them with brush.
- For softening your nails, massage them with cuticle oil.
- Mix barley powder and lemon juice. Apply it on your nails. Follow this 2 times a month. It will help you in getting rid from unhealthy nails.
- Soak your nails in hot olive oil for 10 minutes and massage them with the left over oil. Olive oil acts as a moisturizer for your nails.
- For getting pinkish nails, rub lemon slice on your nails 2 times a day.
- Massage your nails with almond oil every day. It makes your nails stronger and shiny.
- Add baking soda in hot water and dip your nails in it. This prevents your nails from fungal infections.
- Intake soaked raisins. Raisins are the rich source of iron and help in restoring the natural beauty of the nails.
- Increase intake of vitamin E supplements, like peanuts, almonds and dried apricots.
- Apply petroleum jelly for moisturizing your nails.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil. Dip your nails in it for 10 minutes and then wipe off with a dry cloth.
- Blend 2 teaspoon of tea with few drops of wheat oil. To it, add a pinch of salt. Apply it on the nails for 5 minutes and then remove with dehydrated cloth.
- Give up the habit of chewing the nails.
- Frequent use of nail polish removers may dry out your nails. So, don’t remove nail paint too often.
- While working in hot water, detergent or other harsh chemicals, wear gloves.
- A balanced diet and plenty of water helps in keeping the nails glossy.
Brace your nails and apply the above tips!