Pad Thai being another ‘street food’ in Thailand is also a specialty of its restaurants.
This quick meal contains no fishes or no shrimps yet a classiness of this food is popular all around the world. Popularity of this dish shows increasing interest towards vegetarianism in Thailand, disclosing an astonishing taste of this beautiful place. Apart from being highly nutritious, ground nuts add brittle flavors to it.
Prep Time- 15 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
- 2-3 cups rice vermicelli (dried)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup oil (peanut)
- 1 large beaten egg,
- 2/3 cup firm tofu (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic,
- 2 tsps lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 1 tsps sugar (white)
- 1 tsps salt
- 3 tsps chopped peanuts
- ½-tsps dried red chilli flakes
- 3 Onions (green), the white portions cut finely crossways (greens segmented into thin lengths)
- 1 pound divided bean sprouts,
- Garnishing: 2 limes slashed into wedges for
- In a pudding basin of hot water drench the vermicelli noodles for at least 30mins to soften. Pull out and keep aside.
- Heat up the peanut oil on medium temperature in a big wok.
- Keep on stirring the tofu in the skillet till it turns golden from all the sides in colour.
- Take out the tofu by extracting the oil on a platter wizened with paper towels.
- Dispense one spoon of use oil into a small bowl and some more and warm-up.
- Put trampled eggs and glibly fling into the sizzling oil to mix up the eggs.
- Now take it out and place aside.
- Pour the heated peanut oil if preserved earlier in another small bowl.
- Now chuck drained noodles and garlic in the bowl until it’s covered with oil.
- Blend in vegetable soup, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar. In the pan, hurl and gently shove noodles to cover with sauce.
- Softly muddle up in tofu, salt, scrambled egg, chilli flakes and some peanuts fling them to muddle up all the ingredients.
- Also, blend green onions and bean sprouts also keep some for garnishing.
- Cook it for 1 or 2 minutes and stir it till the bean sprouts become softer somewhat.
- Now keep the noodles on a serving platter.
- Garnish it with green onions, peanuts and bean sprouts. Position lime wedges on the ends of the serving plate.
Enjoy the lusciousness with the incredible taste of Pad Thai noodle this weekend. Try this at home and make your day.