If you are surrounded by constant and unnecessary worries about different events and activities, make sure that you are not suffering from Anxiety Disorder. It’s normal to become anxious under stressful situations. In recent time, people are anxious because of workload and deadlines. But, when this anxiousness becomes prolonged, don’t take it lightly. When it’s constant, it’s an alarming alert to indicate that you need some treatment ASAP.
Causes of anxiety disorder:
Genes play a vital role in this disorder. Excess of stress develops it.
This disorder can be seen among the kids (due to genes’ factor). The people report that they can’t even remember the time for how long they remain anxious and anxiousness in this disorder long for last. Generalized Anxiety Disorder symptoms can be seen more in women than the men.
Symptoms to analyze Anxiety Disorder: the main symptom of this disorder is the excess of worry without any cause. They people suffering from this disorder are aware of the fact that they are worrying without any reason, but somehow it’s difficult for them to control the feeling of anxiety.
The symptoms are:
- Lack of concentration
- Unmanageable obsessive thoughts
With the anxiety and worries, they have physical problems too like severe headache, stomach related problems such as nausea and diarrhoea.
In this CBT (Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy) is very beneficial. The goal of this treatment is to help diagnosed people to manage and handle the worries of their everyday life. Medications are the important part of the treatment and do not stop them without the doctor’s instructions.
The medications prescribed for the treatment of Anxiety Disorder are:
- SSRIs (Serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are beneficial and the first choice of medication. Another choice is SNRIs (Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake inhibitors).
- Antiseizure and antidepressants are also used in severe cases.
- Benzodiazepines such as: Klonopin, Xanax, Ativan are used as short term medications because they can be highly addictive.
- Buspirone is also used in some cases.
The CBT helps the patient to understand their behaviour and to control them. And they at least had to visit the therapist 10 to 20 times a month. In the therapy, they learn to:
- How to manage stress and get relaxed when such situation arises.
- Understand the reason of stress and try to control them.
- Replace the stress giving things, and decrease helplessness.
- Avoid thinking about minor things.
To reduce the impact of anxiety, proper and planned diet and exercise should be included in the schedule.
Types of Anxiety Disorder are:
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessesive-complusive Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Specific Phobias
The patient should continue with the medications and sessions until the therapist suggests. Symptoms can be visible again if the patient stop the treatment without consultation.