Crispy malpuas, flavored in saffron syrup made up of wheat flour. A delightful dessert from Udaipur.
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup curd (dahi), beaten
- 10 peppercorns, crushed
- 1 cup coarsely ground whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ghee (deep frying)
- 2 tsp chopped pistas
- Mix the entire ingredients together in one and a half cups of lukewarm water.
- Combine to make up a even batter.
- Leave the batter for 45 minutes aside.
- Heat up some ghee in a kadai.
- Pour a spoon of batter in the hot kadai on a low flame.
- Fry the malpua from both the sides till it is brown.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining batter.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- Serve hot.