Delicious potatoes cooked with posto, popular dish among bong households.
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
- 5-6 potatoes (cubes)
- 4 tbsp poppy seeds ( khushkhus/posto)
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tbsp onion seeds (kalonji)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Dip the poppy seeds in lukewarm water around twenty minutes.
- Drain off the water and blend the mixture in a smooth paste.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Combine mustard seeds sauté them.
- Add up the potato pieces and fry them.
- Stir fry the potatoes continuously.
- Add khuskhus, turmeric powder and stir, pour half cup of water.
- Cover up and sauté the potatoes on a low flame.
- Open the lid, add salt and sugar and chopped chillies.
- Stir fry the potatoes fort two minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas or luchi.