Cough and cold are the very common health problems, especially in winters. If you are confronting with sneezing, blocked or running nose, congestion, sore throat, body pain with low fever, headache or lethargy, then BE CARING! Try the following desi nuskhe. I assure you that you’ll set quick respite. Drink lukewarm water or hot tea or coffee.
- Add a teaspoon of honey, ginger powder, and turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk. Besides cough and cold, this nuskha is also effective in headache and body ache.
- While preparing tea, add crushed ginger, 2-3 tulsi leaves, and black pepper in it. Boil it properly and drink it when hot. It’ll help you a lot!
- Eat one tablespoon Chavanprash followed with a glass of warm milk. It will help you in building immunity against cough and cold.
- In one teaspoon of hot water, mix half teaspoon each of honey and ginger juice. Take it thrice a day.
- If you are suffering from sore throat, add a pinch of salt in hot water and gargle with it.
- Take a small piece of fresh ginger. Peel it and sprinkle some salt on it. Chew properly. It will give you relief from dry cough.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, black pepper, ginger powder, and cardamom. Add sugar equivalent to the total quantity of the mixture. Grind the mixture and prepare a fine powder. Take this powder twice a day.
- Chew black pepper and four tulsi leaves in the morning.
- Take warm water in a tub. Add some vicks vaporub to it. Cover your head with the towel. Place your nose over vapors and inhale it. This remedy is very effective in the treatment of common cold.
Here is the list of substances that should be taken and avoided, if you are suffering from cough and cold.
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in hot milk
- Vegetable soup
- Herbal tea
- Boiled vegetables
- Crushed ginger mixed in warm milk
- Cold drinks and foods
- Fried foods
- Milk products (yogurt, creams and cheese)