Are your nails fragile and feeble? Do they rupture easily? If so, your nails are brittle and need extra care. Exposure to detergent, water and household cleaners results in flimsy nails. To make your nails stronger, many nail care products are available in the market. But, these products contain strong odor and synthetic substances. Omit these synthetic items and opt for natural!
Here are some home remedies to get rid of brittle nails.
- Dip your fingers in cold olive oil, daily, for few minutes. After that, massage with the left over oil. This will help in strengthening the brittle nails.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon in a bowl. Soak your nails in this juice, everyday, for ten minutes.
- Massage fingernails with Vitamin E oil. Alternatively, break A Vitamin E capsule in vegetable oil and use this oil to massage your nails.
- Always keep your nails moisturized. At night, before sleeping, apply thick coat of Vaseline petroleum jelly.
- Dip a cotton swab in vegetable oil and brush on each nail. Follow this thrice a day. This will improve blood circulation towards nail and strengthen them.
- Increase the intake of biotin (vitamin B) rich contents in your diet. Cauliflower, bananas, mushrooms, egg yolks, lentils, and peanuts are the good source of biotin.
- Take calcium tablets or drink milk to make your fingernails stronger.In ½ liter of warm water, add a tablespoon of sea salt. Soak nails in it for twenty minutes. Let them dry and apply moisturizer. Repeat this each day.
Try these tips! You’ll definitely get praising for your chic nails from everyone!