“Studying expands knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, crime doesn’t pay. Why study?” –Anonymous
Exams…..a necessary evil…..bring out the best men and also the best in men. There is a constant pressure on the students from parents and teachers to perform with flying colours. Some students skip their meals and don’t sleep properly due to the fear of exams. Parents can help their children by providing them a stress-free environment and taking care of their physical fitness & diet. A proper and balanced diet reduces the stress level of the child.Many of the students are prone to give such funny excuses to shun their studies. But, no one can skip studies and exams!
Here are five diet tips for the students that will help you to overcome the exam stress.
- Don’t miss breakfast.
- Instead of eating a lot in one time, take frequent meals.
- Your dinner should be light.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take a little break from your studies and have some snacks, like roasted grains, sprouts or dry fruits. It will help you to regain the energy.
- Before going to sleep, drink one glass of milk.
- Instead of heavy food, eat light energetic food before going to the exam. Never go empty stomach.
“Feel Good” Food
Students must include following food in their diet:
- Sweet potatoes
- Brown rice
- Dried apricots
- Skimmed or low fat milk
- Green vegetables
- Whole grain bread/chapattis
- Fiber rich food, like oats, beans, corn, etc.
- Fruits, like oranges, banana, strawberries, etc.
- Milk products
- Junk food
- Deep fried or oily food as it can upset your stomach
- Fizzy drinks, tea and coffee
- Heavy meals as it makes you sleepy and lazy
- Food rich in trans fat
- Food containing preservatives as it may cause allergies
- High sugar food
- Too salty food
“To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
So, take care of your health! Eat proper, sleep well and study with concentration….you will definitely succeed.