Holi, the festival of colours, water balloons, thandai, water guns, vibrant and exuberant colours, is here. I am sure; all of you must have planned out something unique for the colourful day. But, did you plan- out something to save your skin from the harsh colours? If not, then here are 15 ways to take care of your skin without putting your beauty in danger!
15 Pre-Holi Care Tips for Your Skin and Hair
- Before playing with colours, apply olive oil or coconut oil to your hair. The oil will protect your hair against the harsh colours. Once you wash your hair, the colours will come out easily.
- Put a generous amount of moisturiser on your face, hands, and feet.
- Yes, do not neglect your nails. Apply a protective coat of nail paint on your nails so that your nails do not look funny with tons of colours.
- Splash your face with cold water, as soon as you feel some irritation.
- Do not forget to apply foundation over face. The dry colours will not dry your skin.
- Apply a thick coat of Vaseline on your lips.
- You can apply lipstick too if you are addicted to them.
- Apply some castor or coconut oil on earlobes, so that you do not appear like some cartoon character, with colourful ears.
- If you do not have a foundation, go for a sunscreen. Use sunscreen all over your face and neck to protect your skin from the colours.
- Wipe your face with toner, so that the colour does not probe deep in your skin.
- Tying a bun or braiding your hair will be a good option for the day.
- Also, you can wear a bandana or a scarf to save your hair from the colours
- Most importantly, wear full sleeves Kurti, with a pair of jeans so that your body is well covered.
- You can tie a scarf or muffler around your neck area, to avoid colour staining all over your body.
- Do not use contact lenses when you play with colours. It may lead to eye infection and irritation.
Wish you all a happy and safe Holi!