Almonds are perhaps the healthiest dry fruit you could ever have. A handful of almond is extremely beneficial for your health. From skin to the body to healing ailments of diseases, almonds are a complete package food. A handful of almonds in the morning along with milk fill you with energy and you are good to go for the whole day. Lets’ find out the interesting and fun facts about these yummy and crunchy almonds:
1. Almonds quench your thirst for having something crunchy as being the crunchiest of all the dry-fruits.
2. Almonds have long storage life and can be refrigerated for up to 2 years. The longer shelf life is due to the fact that they are rich in Vitamin E.
3. One of the best known features of Almonds is that they are the best cholesterol regulators.
4. 90 percent of fat in almonds is unsaturated. This means that they can be consumed without getting worried about fat.
5. Almond flour is gluten free and is healthy and delicious for baking purposes.
6. India is a country where almonds are considered as ‘Brain food’ for the children.
7. Almonds contain the flavonoid activity that is same as broccoli and green tea. So, you can expect them to be extremely nourishing for your skin.
8. It takes 1000 pounds of almonds to make a 1 pint of almond oil.
9. Chocolate manufacturers use around 40 percent of world’s total almonds in making delicious and mouth-watery chocolates.
10. Almond is misunderstood as a nut. It is rather a seed of a fruit that grows on Almond tree.
11. Almonds are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, vitamin E, dietary fibers, and Vitamin B.
12. The outer hulls of Almonds are not consumed by humans and are used as a cattle feed all over the world.
13. There are around 30 varieties of almonds, but only 10 undergo production for consumption purposes.
14. Almonds are the biggest barriers against cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.