Allah Rakha Rahman (born A.S. Dileep Kumar) is one of the best music composers India has ever seen. We have reasons to back our school of thought. Check out what we got to say!
1. Time Magazine describes him as the world’s most prominent and prolific film-music composer.
2.He challenged the customary force of movie severity and established South Indian music in the north.
3. Forth, he brought a new, fresh gush of talent and introduced such types of sounds and voices that had not been heard before.
4. His wide-ranging pool of work, for both the stage and films, is exemplary; he is known as “the Mozart of Madras”. His fans and commentators have nicknamed him “Isai Puyal” that means “music storm.”
5. In August 2011, Songlines (the UK based World Music magazine) named him amongst the “Tomorrow’s World Music Icons”. In 2009, Time listed him amongst the World’s Most Influential People.
6. His contribution to international cinema, different film industries of India, and theatre have helped him to become one of the top- selling- recording- artists worldwide.
7. He has been renowned for redesigning and reshaping contemporary Indian music and has contributed to the success of a great number of films through his music.
8. Rahman is not only a remarkable composer, but also he is a renowned philanthropist and humanitarian, who have donated money for many causes and to a great number of charities.
9. He also has a string of awards in his kitty. Rahman was awarded with two Academy Awards, two Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, four National Film Awards, 15 Filmfare Awards and 13 Filmfare Awards, besides other nominations and awards.
10. His music has evolved over the years, and his songs are full of melody and rhythm. Rahman is extremely original and does not imitate or copy his creations from the West.
11. He once quoted, “If music wakes you up, makes you think, heals you … Then, I guess the music is working.”
12. His music for “Slumdog Millionaire” brought him to an Oscar, thereby introduced him on the international platform.