“Always remember to be happy because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile.” – Unknown
You have beautiful lips and a gorgeous smile. But, is your smile bright? I mean to say that how embarrassing it is when a heart-capturing smile of attractive lips comes out from a set of yellow stained teeth. Well, if you are thinking that you will have to spend a huge amount from your pocket for getting shining teeth, you are absolutely wrong! You can solve this problem with the things that you already have in your kitchen.
Here are some of the ways to get sparkling white teeth at your home.
1. Orange Peels
Peel off an orange. Rub the white portion of the peel over your teeth. Then gargle with water. It helps in scrapping off the dirt and plaque from your teeth, making them white.
2. Banana Peels
Take a ripe banana (it is rich in potassium content). Gently rub the inside surface of the banana peel for 2-3 minutes. Ultimately, rinse off with water.
3. Olive Oil
- Soak a cotton ball in the olive oil and rub it on your teeth, before going to bed. In the morning, wipe it off with the clean cotton or gargle with water.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in your mouth. Before spitting out, gargle it for about 20 minutes. Finally, rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Baking Soda
- Take 4 tablespoons of the sea or table salt, and 2/3rd cup of baking soda in a bowl. Add water to prepare a paste. The consistency of the paste should be thick. For making its taste better, add a little peppermint extract. Use this paste to brush your teeth. This is the best homemade toothpaste to get pearly white teeth.
- Alternatively, sprinkle a little baking soda on the toothpaste and brush as normal.
- Prepare a paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of glycerine and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Use this paste to brush your teeth, twice a day. Rinse with cold water.
5. Lemon Juice
- On the surface of the toothbrush, add 3-4 drops of lemon juice. Brush with it.
- Cut a lemon into two halves. Squeeze the juice of half lemon. Dab a cotton ball in the juice, and gently rub it on your teeth. Then, rinse your mouth with water.
6. Mustard Oil
Put a few drops of mustard oil in a bowl and add some table salt to it. Apply on your teeth with the help of a clean fingertip. After 2-4 minutes, rinse with warm water. Then, brush normally. It will remove yellow stains from your teeth.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
- Simply gargle with hydrogen peroxide. To remove the taste, rinse your mouth with water.
- Wipe a cotton ball by hydrogen peroxide, and rub it on the front and rear part of your teeth, gently. Gargle with water.
- Prepare a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Use this paste for brushing.
Note- Too much use of hydrogen peroxide can cause erosion of teeth enamel, gum sensitivity, and mouth sores.
Cut a strawberry in half part and mash it. Rub on your teeth. Let the juice remain on your teeth for 1-2 minutes and after that, rinse with water. Strawberries contain malic acid that helps in whitening the teeth.
9. Wood Ash
Wood ash contains Potassium Hydroxide, which is a natural bleaching agent. Put toothpaste onto your toothbrush. Intersperse some wood ash on it and then brush as usual.
Note- Excessive use of wood ash can cause irritation and mouth sore. Therefore, use it in a limited quantity.
Vinegar or apple cider vinegar is a natural teeth whitener. Mix equal quantities of vinegar and water. Rinse your mouth with this mixture. Then brush as usual.
Note- Vinegar is an organic acid. Too much use of it can eradicate calcium from your enamel, causing dental decay.
Use the above home remedies and give an extra touch to your smile!