Lower back pain is a musculoskeletal disorder that may be caused due to vertebral fractures, lumbar sprains, constipation, metabolic diseases such as osteoporosis, congenital diseases like spondylosis. You can get respite from this disorder by using home remedies.
Let’s have a look at the below given home remedies, for getting relief from the lower back pain.
Take 4 cups of water in a jar. Add ½ ounce (2 tbsps) rosemary leaves in it. Cover the jar. Boil it on low flames for 30 minutes. Drink it hot before going to bed at night and before breakfast in the morning.
Alternatively, massage the painful area with rosemary oil. It will provide you relief from the chronic lower back pain.
2. Grape Seed Extract
Grape seed extract contains anti-inflammatory properties that help in alleviating lower back pain. Consume it on the daily basis, for effective results.
Boil some potatoes. Mash them. Apply it on the affected area. Use bandage to hold it for an hour. This remedy will definitely relieve the pain.
4. Chamomile Tea
Drink 1-2 cups of chamomile tea on the daily basis. This home remedy will reduce the lower back pain.
5. Ice Massage
Ice is considered to be the best pain reliever. Wrap some ice cubes in a towel. Put it on the painful area. It will slow the nerve impulses of that area, and ease the pain.
6. Heat Therapy
Take a bath with hot water. Else, apply a hot water bottle or a heating pad on the aching area. It will stimulate the blood flow in the affected area, thus reducing the pain.
7. Ginger Tea
Take a fresh ginger root. Cut it into thin slices. Put these slices in water. Boil for 30 minutes on low heat. Let it cool. Strain it. Add honey to sweeten it. Drink it.
8. Epsom Salt
Fill your bathtub with hot water (as can be tolerated by you). Mix 2 cups of Epsom salt to it. Bathe with it. This remedy will help you to discard lower back pain, quickly.
9. Cayenne Pepper
Put 2 tbsp cayenne pepper (lal mirch) in the boiling water. Boil for ½ an hour. Don’t strain it. After that, mix little quantity of rubbing alcohol. Allow it to cool. Apply it on the affected area.
1. Before using this, ensure that it is okay for your skin, by applying on the small portion of the skin. Don’t use it if it irritates your skin.
2. Properly wash your hands after preparing and applying the cayenne pepper mixture.
3. Keep it away from your eyes.
10. Cabbage Leaves
Boil cabbage leaves in milk, till it converts into a jelly-like mixture. Apply on your lower back. Hold it with the help of bandage. It will help you in curing the pain.
- Take magnesium and calcium rich diet.
- Water helps in lubricating articulations. So, drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Walk daily for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Avoid constipation as it may also lead to lower back pain. (Don’t forget to read our article on Home Remedies for Constipation)
- Do the stretching exercises.