Are you trying to grow your strands for a long time, but have to trim them constantly due to split ends? Split ends are a common problem for all types of hair. It makes your hair unattractive. Up till now, regular trimming was the only way to get rid of split ends. But, now-a-days, several home remedies are available to overcome this problem. It means that you need not to make those expensive trips to the parlours every second week!
Here are 10 quick home remedies for treating split ends. Have a look.
Take 4-5 tbsp. of honey (increase quantity according to the volume and length of your strands). Apply it on split ends of your hair. After 15-20 minutes rinse off with water. Else, mix honey with your conditioner. It will give you a soothing effect.
2. Vitamin E capsules
Take 2-3 Vitamin E capsules. Take out their oil and mix with lukewarm water. Massage it on your strands. Let it be on your hair for at least 18-20 minutes, then wash with water.
Crush an avocado. Wet your hair. Apply crushed avocado on the strands (apply thick layer on split ends). For extra moisturizing, you can add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of egg whites in it. Keep it for 40-45 minutes. Wash it with water.
- Take an egg yolk. Beat it. Mix one tbsp. almond oil in it. Use it to massage your scalp. Leave it for 25-30 minutes. Rinse off regularly.
- Whip two eggs. Add some orange juice and a mashed banana into it. Mix the ingredients well. Apply it on the split ends with the help of a comb. Cover your strands with a towel or a shower cap. After ½ hour, wash thoroughly with water. Use this remedy two times a week.
- Whip an egg yolk. Add one tbsp. water to it. Damp your hair and gently massage it on your hair. Rinse away with fresh water.
5. Black Lentil Pack
Take ½ cup of black lentil (black dal). Mix a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in it. Pound this mixture in a powder form. Mix ½ cup of curd in it. Employ it on your strands. After 2 hours, rinse with a mild shampoo.
Beer is a very effective natural conditioner. Massage your hair with beer, till it gets soaked into the follicles of hair. Wash off with an herbal shampoo.
7. Milk and Cream
Take ½ cup of milk. Add a tsp of cream in it. Whip it thoroughly. Use it on the scalp and tips of hair. Keep it for 12-15 minutes. Rinse normally. It is a simple and effective home remedy for treating split ends.
8. Oil Massage
Combine equal amount of castor oil, olive oil and mustard oil. Use this combination of oils to massage your scalp and hair tips. Wrap your strands with a shower cap or towel. Take a normal hair wash after 15-20 minutes.
9. Papaya Pack
Take half ripe papaya. Remove its skin and seed. Mash its pulp. Add ½ cup of yogurt to it. Mix properly. Use it on your hair. Wash normally after 30 minutes.
Apply mayonnaise on the split ends of hair. Let it be for 15-20 minutes. Wash with water. For positive results, use it two times a week.
- Don’t use shampoo every day, as it makes your hair dry and make them more susceptible to split ends and breakage.
- Condition your strands regularly.
- Avoid brushing wet hair.
- Use hairbrush with nylon bristles to comb your hair.
- Exposure to intense heat results in split ends. Therefore, don a hat while going out, or cover them with a scarf.
- Restrict the use of heated appliances for styling your hair.
- Trim your hair every 2 months.