Colour your tongue and moods with the splash of these colourful Gujiyas, on the festive occasion of Holi.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Extra time: 10 mins, drying
Prepared time: 30 mins
- 2 tblsn of ghee
- 1 cup of maida
- A pinch of different food colors for multi-colour gujiyas (red and green)
- 2 tblspn of sugar
- 2 tblspn of grated coconut
- 1 tspn of sliced cashews
- 1 tspn of chirongi
- 1 tspn of sliced almonds
- 1/4 tspn of cardamom powder
- 8 to 10 kishmish (rasins)
- Oil for frying
- You can use different food colors and can prepare separate dough for gujiyas.
- Take a bowl and blend in maida, ghee and food colour of your choice.
- Add some water and prepare dough.
- Take another bowl and muddle up the remaining ingredients to prepare the gujiya filling.
- Now roll on puris of about 4 inch wider.
- Insert 1 tblspn of mixture in the core of the puris for filling.
- Touch lightly with water on the boundaries of the puris and fold it over in halfs, like in “D” shape.
- Now let it dry for around 10 mins.
- And start deep frying, once they are dry on medium temperature.
- Take out when the gujiyas turn light golden.
For separate color of bhujiyas, prepare separate doughs and then do the filling and frying.