Yes! We all crave for something cool and sweet in summers. Hence, understanding your temptation, we have a cool, sweet and nutty relief for you. As, we all revolve around the secrecy of this amazing dessert while having it outside; we thought it would be better introducing you with the original taste that you can obtain at home. And so, we are here you to assist you, to prepare a fuss-free yet delicious and a real ‘kulfi’ recipe, to delight everyone from your kids to adults.
Instead of preparing thick milk content at home in so much time, you can use the condensed milk along with milk powder, to add thickness to it. This also adds a mouth-watering, creamy texture to the dessert. Go ahead with the given instructions, to get that ‘Desi’ taste and extreme finish, and prepare this ‘Malai & Pista Kulfi’ at home!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Ready in: minimum 6 hours (can take more than this in the freezing process)
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Non pasteurized-Full Cream
- 1 Ltr Milk
- 1 can Condense Milk
- 2-3 tsp of Milk powder
- 1.5 cups of Sugar
- 20 grams of Roasted Pistachio Nuts, or you can add some other dry fruits like walnuts (whole) or add coarse powder, as well.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg powder
- 2-3 grams of Cardamom powder
- To add thickness to the milk, you keep on boiling and stirring it.
- Make sure, it does form any lumps.
- Once the milk starts to boil, add in some milk powder or condensed milk.
- When you notice that the milk is getting thick, add the sugar (according to the sweetness you want).
- When all the sugar dissolves and the milk become runny, again boil it.
- Now, you may put in the pistachio or other nuts (whatever you prefer more), along with the nutmeg powder. You may put in the slight roasted nuts, as well (if you like).
- Keep on stirring slowly.
- Once it becomes thick, check that the texture shouldn’t be thicker than the condensed milk you have used. You need to take it off the gas.
- You may use the kulfi glasses available in the markets, or any other ice-cream mold to pour and refrigerate it.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for about half-an-hour.
- Now, take out the ice-cream mold and stir the contents once again, to avoid any icicle formation.
- You need to freeze it again for a minimum of 6 hours, or if you can, then overnight would be better.
- Take it out, mold softly and serve it cool.
- Make sure, if you are adding the roasted nuts, it shouldn’t be over-roasted; otherwise the Kulfi will give a burnt flavour.
- For adding colour and flavour, you can also add in some Saffron flakes.
- Take care of proper thickness, and there shouldn’t be lumps while stirring the milk as these are the essential base to prepare the dessert well.