If you are a girl, you know the importance of a lip balm in your life. There’s one in your handbag, one on your dressing table, one in your vanity kit, another in your car and so on and so forth. Most of us not only are addicted to lip balms, we have a soft spot for the strawberry ones. The sweet, intoxicating smell of strawberries lingers on for long and is subtle enough to not give you a headache.
While there are many brands selling strawberry lip balms in the market, we’re afraid to say that there’s not even one, whose price you can consider “reasonable”. And, that is when the idea of making our very own strawberry flavored lip balms occurred to us. They are not only great for personal use, but are a perfect gifting idea as well. It’s time to show some love to your girlfriends by preparing your signature strawberry balm and presenting it to them with all your affection.
Let us first list out all the things you will need to create your homemade strawberry lip balm.
- White beeswax pellets (2 tablespoons and an additional half tablespoon to be used for deer toppers)
- Strawberry flavor oil (a few drops)
- Sunflower oil (4 tablespoons and additional ½ teaspoon for deer)
- Lipstick shavings
- Eatable pink glitter
- Acrylic pots (6 in number and small in size)
- Address labels
- Clear self adhesive film
- Washi tape (pink in color)
- A glass jug that is microwavable
- A glass jar that is microwavable (small in size)
- Metal spoons
- A sharp knife
- Mini deer mould
1. This is how the labels of your lip balm will look like:
2. Take the glass jug and place the sunflower oil and beeswax pellets in it. Put the jug in the microwave on a medium to low temperature. Now, take out the jug and use a metal spoon to stir it well.
3. Put in strawberry oil (only a few drops) with the help of a pipette.
4. Pick lipstick shavings and add them gradually to the jug containing the liquid. Stir the mixture using the metal spoon. Keep adding the lipstick shavings until the desired shade is achieved and the color has become even. Now, transfer the lip balm to the acrylic pots through a clean pipette.
5. In a small sized glass pot, combine beeswax (1/2 teaspoon) and sunflower oil (1/2 teaspoon). Melt them in the microwave. Do so, until the beeswax pellets have completely melted. Now add strawberry oil (only a drop) to the mixture and stir it using a metal spoon. With the help of a clean pipette, pour the lip balm in the deer mould. When the lip balm has cooled and begins to turn white, remove the extra portion from back, using a sharp knife.
6. Wait for a few minutes and then, turn the deer out on the surface of the pink strawberry balm. Repeat the procedure until all your lip balms have the white deer on the top. Leave it to set for about an hour.
7. Wrap each jar with washi tape so that the lid is secured.
8. Now, we have to label the jars. First of all, pick a sheet of self adhesive film, which is big enough in size. Use a pair of scissors to carefully cut around the edges of the labels. Now, remove the backing paper from it and stick it to the bottom of the little jars.
And, you have your strawberry lip balm ready for use. We’re sure; your friends will love having this little delicious smelling handmade present from your side.