How can we even dare to think of leaving our recipe section, without including a most-desirable dessert, for this steamy and sensuous season? Including dry fruits, Chocó chips, and the essence of cocoa, no celebration is complete without having this luscious Chocolate Snack Cake; so, celebrate the monsoon with following this recipe.
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Ready in: 40-45 Minutes
- 1-1/3 cups of all-purpose flour (approx. 325 mL)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (approx. 125 mL)
- 1 tsp of baking powder (5 mL)
- 1 tsp of baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp of salt (about 2 mL)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar (approx. 250 mL)
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (approx. 125 mL)
- 1/2 cup of water (about 125 mL)
- 20-50 gm of cashew nuts, almonds, and raisins (sliced)
- 20-30 gm of Choco chips
- 1/4 cup of (60 mL) refined oil
- 1-1/2 tsp of vanilla (7 mL)
- Icing sugar, (if you want)
- Take a large bowl to sift together- all the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, and some salt.
- With the help of sieve or sifter, press the brown sugar.
- Add in all the dry ingredients.
- Now, add buttermilk, oil, water, vanilla, dry fruits (cut), and whisk, until smoothens.
- Grease the square cake pan and scrape the mixture into the greased pan.
- Spread the coco chips over the batter.
- Keep the pan into 350°F (180°C) oven, for about 35 minutes or unless the knife or the tester comes out clean, when inserted in the centre.
- Take out when done, and let cool.
- Cut into big squares and serve.