While hearing the name of this luscious dish, our ears go crazy, and mouth, filled with water. It’s a wow feeling always, whenever you think of chicken tikkas !
Chicken tikka is among the most popular legendary Indian dishes, which is easy to make and tastes delicious. “Tikka” in essence means : “crumbs” or “pieces”. It features moist cuts up of grilled chicken. The cuisine is created as Chicken Tikka Masala, as well acceded as a succulent Indian gravy recipe. ‘Peppery, palatable and moist tikkas’, are much loved eateries, amongst the Americans and British, and around the world too.
Cooking Time: 30/40mins
- 4 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1”cubes
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tsp chopped ginger
- 3 tsp compressed garlic
- 1/3 tsp green cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
- Melted margarine (for basting)
- 10 oz. tomato puree
- 3 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 8 green cardamoms
- 2 tsp cloves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup cream
- Salt to Taste
Garnishing: Garnish with onion rings and lemon wedges or cilantro.
- Wash the chicken and remove all the bones to cut it into little cubes.
- Prepare a blend of lemon juice, chilli powder and salt to the chicken and keep it sideways for about half an hour to absorb the aromas and flavour.
- In the meantime, remove the whey from the curd; you may use a muslin cloth for this.
- After you take out the curd, add up the red chilli powder, cumin, cardamom powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, salt and mustard oil. Muddle up well.
- Apply this marinade onto the chicken pieces and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Put 4 – 5 tbsp of refined oil and heat up in a non-stick cooking pan.
- Fry chopped onions for a little while and then add ginger paste, cardamom, chopped garlic, cloves and sauté.
- After this, put the chicken cubes and shallow fry on extremely low flame.
- You may now add up the tomato paste and simmer it. Do not forget to stir the gravy in between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add up the cream and keep on stirring for a few minutes more.
- Initially, the chicken will depart some water. It will desiccate soon and will start leaving an enticing aroma.
- Sauté both the sides of chicken till it turn out to be reddish brown in colour.
- Pierce the chicken pieces with onion and tomato slices on to the sticks and roast them moderately inside a hot tandoor or oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Keep mending the chicken bits with butter and fry until a little coloured.
- Take away and dish up hot strewn with chaat masala.
Enjoy the blend of Indian aroma in this world renowned recipe. Sitting and chewing them with friends and loved ones, makes it even more delicious!